From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

degrees to radians

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks,

I'm surprised that I haven't found a VI to convert degrees to radians.  I see an example in this forum that shows one, but its a screenshot and not the code. 

Can anyone point me at that VI?

Thanks,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,206 Views)

You'd have to point to that link so we know what you are talking about.

But if you have degrees, just divide by 180, multiply by pi, then you have radians.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,201 Views)

Depending on your application, you can use indcators with units or a simple math transform.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-01-2009 11:54 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,188 Views)

You can also convert a pure number to a physcal number, convert to new units, then convert back to a pure number. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-01-2009 12:01 PM
Message 4 of 9
(5,184 Views)

Neat trick Altenbach!  I could never figure out that convert unit vi, with your example it just clicked!  Thanks!

-----
LV 8.2/8.5/8.6 - WinXP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,172 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I guess I'm not the brightest bulb in the universe.  I only see the diagram as a graphic.  where did you get the unit conversion VI?

sorry, for my density,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RogerMontague

I am not sure if I would take the detour over physical units, but it's all there in the palettes:

Make sure to read the help in detail!
Message Edited by altenbach on 06-01-2009 12:54 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,146 Views)

Ahh,

Thanks to all!

I was sure there had to be a VI to do this.  I didn't want to reinvent one and have another developer call me on it.  Thanks for helping me do my homework in advance!

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,136 Views)

Also, before you start using units, you should familiarize yourself with some of the details, because it can be somewhat confusing.

A good read is this old thread. (To see if you really understand, try to predict the result of the VI attached here, see picture). 😄

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,134 Views)