From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasocket create item error

I am trying to conect two labview program via datasocket. One run on Linux and the other on windows 98. The datasocket server runs on the window PC and has been opened to everyhost for item creation and reading via the datasocket server manager.
My problem is that the linuw labview can read item but not create one . When i run my program in linux the datasocket signal in my indicator turns green during on second and then red (Error : Not permited to create new item). meanwhile the datasocket server records a new process connected and increases the number of packet received. Someone has an adea of what happens ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,282 Views)
I tested this in 6.0.2 using the DataSocket Writer example on Linux and the DataSocket Reader on Win 2000. The Writer returned Error 63: Connection Refused. I tested again in 6.1 and the Writer VI worked perfectly.

Any possibility of updating LabVIEW to 6.1 or previously defining your datatypes in the DS Server Manager?

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,282 Views)