LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database toolkit 2016 64 bit

Solved!
Go to solution

hi, i not able to find out database connectivity toolkit for labview 2016 64 bit.

Please share the link,thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,386 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ransher

I don't believe it exists. 

Why are you using LabVIEW 64 bit instead of 32 bit?  You should only use if if you have applications that require large amounts of memory space.  But the drawback is that not all LabVIEW toolkits support 64 bit.

Read http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/crawl_message?board.id=170&message.id=1024325

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,376 Views)

By default i was directed to installed 64 bit labview and did the basic programming

But now i came to know so many thing didn't work using 64 bit. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,372 Views)

@ransher wrote:

By default i was directed to installed 64 bit labview . 

Installing LabVIEW 64bit is NOT the default. Can you explain what/who "directed" you to do so?

(For your reference, the compatibility list can be found here)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,361 Views)

altenbach wrote: Installing LabVIEW 64bit is NOT the default. Can you explain what/who "directed" you to do so?

i mean to say that on ni website first link to download was for 64 bit.Well,i think it's because i am using 64-bit system 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,345 Views)

You can't rely on what order that the NI site gives you links as to how relevant they are.

Google does a great job serving up links, but think of how often you still need to go to page 2 or 3 of the search results to find the answer you were looking for.

NI's web engine is nowhere near as good as Google.  Stuff will come up in order that has absolutely no relevance.  It has nothing to do with your OS.

Message 6 of 10
(4,338 Views)

@ransher wrote:

altenbach wrote: Installing LabVIEW 64bit is NOT the default. Can you explain what/who "directed" you to do so?

i mean to say that on ni website first link to download was for 64 bit.Well,i think it's because i am using 64-bit system 

No, that's not it. I have never seen the 64bit as first download. What were your search terms?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,337 Views)

now i have downloaded labview 2014 32 bit and it's working fine,thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,222 Views)

To be fair this isn't an bad assumption to make in the normal software world.  If I'm going to download a new browser and it is offered in 64 bit or 32 bit which one am I going to download?  What about office?  Or a media playing program?  Users of PCs have sorta been trained that if your system is 64 bit you can install the 64 bit version, and it is somehow better than the 32 bit version (I mean the number is twice as high right?).  The fact that 64 bit LabVIEW isn't the default we all use is the exception, rather than the rule.  Sorry you had to figure this out the hard way.

Message 9 of 10
(4,200 Views)

Thankyou Guys,

was just the answer I was waiting for.

I have a i big application that uses extensively the Database Connectivity Toolkit.

And also I always used parallel port as a free IO interface, instead mr.Gates decided that in 64bits systems I can no longer use it.

Now I'm asking myself, surely 64b system can use more ram and maybe in a faster way, but since my standard application (a test app connected via GPIB, RS232 and now some usb) doesn't gain a lot from this mainstream, should I be afraid from this or labview 32 will last "forever" ? (at least 5 years?).

In the case of sudden death of Database Connectivity Toolkit, which way should I be ready to take?

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,945 Views)