cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database error -2146824582

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I write you because I have a problem to communicate between my "Access" database and my program on labview 2012 after a relocation of my department (from Swiss to France) (excuse me for my english language!!!!! I hope that you're understand)

I don't think the problem is labview but maybe have you an answer.

I have a program with "database connectivity toolset". I must read in a database (access). My program run in Swiss but don't run in France and only the server is different (my database and my progam are in the server)

The error message is

"L'erreur -2146824582 s'est produite à : NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Open Connec (Path).vi->Recherche chemin.vi 

ADO Error: 0x800A0E7A
Exception occured in ADODB.Connection: Impossible de trouver le fournisseur. Il est peut-être mal installé.Help Path is C:\Windows\HELP\ADO270.CHM and context 1240655 dans NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Open Connec (String).vi->NI_Database_API.lvlib:DB Tools Open Connec (Path).vi->Recherche chemin.vi"

Have you an idea or a line of research. 

I thank you

Best regards

Régis J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,356 Views)

It refers to the Connection string. How do you open the database? Do you use a UDL-file or a ODBC-setup? Is it correct in your new location?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,327 Views)

Thank's for your help!!! 

Yes, I used a UDL file. This file is ok because I used this same file in Swiss. I re-configured the location of my UDL file for the new location of my database on the server in France. I'm really sure that the udl-file is ok because I have tested (today) on other PC (LAN disconnected). That's ok on this computer. But I need that the program and database are in the server.

Do you think that the problem is my new server (32 bits/64 bits?). Have you an idea to resolve this problem?

Have you need other information on my problem?

Thank's for your help.

Best regards

Régis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(10,318 Views)

Hello,

Do you work on 32 bit or 64 bit?

What is the difference between the server? Do you use the same computer?

Regards

Samuel G. | GEMESIS

Certified LabVIEW Architect

Certified TestStand Developer

GEMESIS.EU

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(10,242 Views)

Hello,

I work with a computer 64 bits (windows 7). he is the same computer in swiss and in France (relocation). it's the same server. the server has been relocation also. Today, I note that the program run on the other computer but he's in 32 bits. So, there isn't difference with the materials before and after the relocation. I don't understand!!!!

only the difference is the location of materials.

thank's for your help,

best regards,

régis

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(10,226 Views)

Hi Regis,

Are you still experiencing this -2146824582 error?

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(9,921 Views)

Hi David,

Yes, I have always this problem. I search but I don't find!!! At the moment, I work on other computer in 32bits, but I must resolve this problem. The IT department of my company don't have an answer for me.

Thank's for your help.

Best regards,

Régis

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(9,900 Views)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77cf4863-e1a0-4315-a74c-4d90611d17ce/32-bit-applicatio...

This seems very related to your problem, it seems you're missing a driver. It is a 32/64 bit problem, as you need the other type of driver also.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(9,893 Views)

Hi Yamaeda,

Thank you very much. I'm going to test this answer and I warn you in a few days because, In first time, I must translate in french the answer in your link (lol, I think that you're understand: I'm very bad in english!!!! Smiley Happy).

best regards,

Régis

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(9,889 Views)

(I dont know how good google is at english to french, but it seems to be decent)

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=fr&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsocial....

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(9,885 Views)