Did you mean: 

data translation lv-link, labview 8.0 question

I'm running the data translation lv-link, with labview 8.0. I'm using
the Sample Channels VI. Does anyone know of a way to change the
sampling frequency?

The tech support people recommeneded using Simple AI Continuous Acq VI
- but that only seems to be recording every other sample set

Anyone with experience with the LV-link from Data Translation, I would
really appreciate your help. (Because their tech support sucks)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,552 Views)
Ray,

I haven't worked with LV Link before so I thought I'd download it and check it out. It appears to be very similar to our DAQmx driver in that you need to setup a task and timing before doing a read. You might try taking a look at some of the shipping examples that install in \user.lib\lv-link\examples, specifically, the AinContinuous.vi example. Hopefully someone else on the board has more experience and can be fo more help.

Xaq
Message 2 of 9
(3,534 Views)
Hi Ray, I see that you are using a student version of Labview. Please let me know which University you went to as i will advise all my colleagues and their children NEVER to send their children to a retarded one like the one you graduated from. It seems you really arent the brightest bulb on the Xmas tree!

Why dont you READ the user manual for the LV Link. I just did and found out how to alter that program that you referenced and i had my program up and running. Im a huge admirer of Data Translation as i have used their products for over 20 years. Its ego-maniacs like yourself that give support people a bad name. Wake up and READ READ READ!!! Thanks. LisaR
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,513 Views)

Insert Smilies..."Its ego-maniacs like yourself"... very-happy smiley 

April Fool's come early this year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 9
(3,488 Views)

Lisa_R,

Welcome to the forums. It's so nice to see a new user who is so willing to share their experience and be so helpful.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
(3,484 Views)
Oh please......i just dont like it when people bash companies, I've done business with NI and DT for years and they are both incredible companies. I just think that students should be greatful these days..... 🙂 thanks for your warm welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,482 Views)

But why would you take it so personally?

The flame you did is just not accepted behavior here. Instead, you could have posted some example code or given a link to the DT forum. The idea is to help.

Message 7 of 9
(3,471 Views)
Lisa

I wanted to reiterate what Dennis has said. This forum exists to help people of all skill levels use NI software and hardware and flaming like that will not be tolerated. If you can't post something helpful, please don't post at all.

Xaq
Message 8 of 9
(3,444 Views)
Lisa

I know you are an expert on both Labview and DT. I have a question about LV-link.

I have developed a software with Labview in a professional version 8.0. I will try to built an executable file through the Application Builder and install it  in a laptop for DT application, but there is a labview run-time engine without labview development system in this laptop. Does it have any problem for the DT application?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,412 Views)