LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data loss? - DAQ 6212 getting different amount of data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am using a DAQ-6212 with Labview to get three types of simple data and saving with the "Write to Measurement File" function with a time column.

I'm getting the signal of an accelerometer, the electrical current signal and the signal of a simple encoder of a DC motor. I'm having a very simple problem.

The problem is: The accelerometer and current data are being saved correctly, but the encoder data (which passes through the "Tone Measurements" block) is being saved in an amount different from the other data. Every 100 values of the accelerometer and the electric current I get only 1 encoder value.

How can I get the same data rate for all entries? Is this a Tone Measurements block difference? I'm using it because I need the frequency of the encoder signal to calculate the motor speed.

I'm using continuous samples with 100 samples to read and 1k in rate (Hz).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian_33

Hi Adrian,

instead of describing your VI with just words you could have attached that VI here…

Is this a Tone Measurements block difference?

When it's the only difference between those 3 signals then it will be the problem…

I'm using it because I need the frequency of the encoder signal to calculate the motor speed.

So you get one Tone measurement value for each block of 100 samples?

Initialize an array of 100 elements using that Tone measurement result!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,994 Views)