LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data logging and output DAQ Assistant questions

i need to sample 4 input signals as fast as possible, process the data and generate 2 outputs.

the problems i am encountering are:

I have set up the input DAQ Assistant to samples to read = 1, continuous and frequency 1000Hz.
Is this the fastest rate to input data for my system?

I am unsure as to how the outputs should be configured. Is the method I'm using correct? or is there a better approach to output the data?

To allow the data be manipulated by a formula, the data is passing through a CDD (CONVERT TO DYNAMIC DATA) and the to an eval parsed formula string. Is the formula being performed on all my necessary input samples using this method?

Lastly, logging the data: When I check the input data log, with samples to read = 100 the timing column corresponds to the amount of time I let the system run for but when I change the DAQ Assistant to samples to read = 1, the timing no longer corresponds to rel time. e.g. if I let it run for 10 seconds the timing shows:0.001, 0.002 etc. but then it goes from 0.34 to 10.396???

Also the timing for the output log does not show any times corresponding to outputs.

Any help would be great,
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,215 Views)
Hello Emer,

I have replied to your service request with this little example. Hopefully you should be able to progress now.

Kind Regards

Steven Bird
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,178 Views)