LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data binding

Hello,

I am trying to connect LabVIEW to Allen Bradley L23E Controller using OPC server. I was succesfull in configuring the device driver(ethernet) and also in creating tags in OPC server. I have created a vi in which I could read/write the output addresses through databinding. However, I cannot read/write any of the Input addresses. Can anyone explain me why ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,583 Views)

Hi Roxassaraus,

From some of your other forum posts, I see that you're trying to talk to an RSLinx OPC server, and your VI indicates that you're trying to read boolean tags. This Knowledge Base article on NI's website explains the problem that you're having, as well as the workaround; basically, RSLinx requires the client to configure which datatype each tag has to be, and LabVIEW does not support that functionality by default. The solution listed under number 1 should accomplish what you need to do. 

Also, for future reference, it's helpful to mention what specific OPC server you're using in your post, since there are several out there, and each has a different method of communication. 

Best,

Dan N

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,563 Views)

Thank you Dan both for the solution as well as the suggestion.  It seems the solution that I am looking for.

Best Regards,

Sunil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,555 Views)

Glad I could help out, and glad you're up and running!

Best,

Dan N

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,553 Views)