LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition from NI PXI 5152 using LabVIEW

Hi,

This might be really stupid question, I am new to LabVIEW and the Digitizer equipment. I was wondering if there are already any labVIEW based application available to read the data from PXI5152. I would be using both channels available and may be trigger. If there is no such application available, what would be port numbers I would be using for data acquisition. But, If I am to develop an acquisition software, I would be looking at every single specification of the equipment. I am assuming the output will be a digitized signal varying with the clock input, since It is used as oscilloscope. When working with labview how would I specify the port to read from and how would my PC recognize the port. I working on a pre-configured system and they won't let me unplug anything to check the configuration. Does NI provides a software to read into the signal fed into the channel and trigger inputs. I have tried looking into the different forum discussion but didn't find any that address my issue. May be it's too simple and stupid. But, it would be a great help if you could point out my misunderstanding.

Thanks in advance.

BP

Message 1 of 4
(2,254 Views)

There are numerous examples. Help>Find Examples> Modular Instruments>Ni-Scope. There is a test panel available in MAX. On the Measurement I/O>NI-Scope palette, are all of the driver functions includeing the NI-Scope Express.

I'm not quite sure I understand your references to 'port's. Once installed into the chassis, it should be listed in MAX. In the functions you will be using, there will be a dropdown menu that you will be able to select the scope resource name.

Message 2 of 4
(2,249 Views)

For C++ programming, You usually look into the port numbers. That's seems to be the source of confusion. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,241 Views)

You are right, that's is very stupid question. How did they let you in the lab with such equipment?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,239 Views)