From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acquisition from NI PXI 5152 using LabVIEW

Hi,

This might be really stupid question, I am new to LabVIEW and the Digitizer equipment. I was wondering if there are already any labVIEW based application available to read the data from PXI5152. I would be using both channels available and may be trigger. If there is no such application available, what would be port numbers I would be using for data acquisition. But, If I am to develop an acquisition software, I would be looking at every single specification of the equipment. I am assuming the output will be a digitized signal varying with the clock input, since It is used as oscilloscope. When working with labview how would I specify the port to read from and how would my PC recognize the port. I working on a pre-configured system and they won't let me unplug anything to check the configuration. Does NI provides a software to read into the signal fed into the channel and trigger inputs. I have tried looking into the different forum discussion but didn't find any that address my issue. May be it's too simple and stupid. But, it would be a great help if you could point out my misunderstanding.

Thanks in advance.

BP

Message 1 of 4
(2,251 Views)

There are numerous examples. Help>Find Examples> Modular Instruments>Ni-Scope. There is a test panel available in MAX. On the Measurement I/O>NI-Scope palette, are all of the driver functions includeing the NI-Scope Express.

I'm not quite sure I understand your references to 'port's. Once installed into the chassis, it should be listed in MAX. In the functions you will be using, there will be a dropdown menu that you will be able to select the scope resource name.

Message 2 of 4
(2,246 Views)

For C++ programming, You usually look into the port numbers. That's seems to be the source of confusion. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,238 Views)

You are right, that's is very stupid question. How did they let you in the lab with such equipment?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,236 Views)