LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data acqisition for digital input signal by using wavwform graph

hi guys,

Currently i'm doing a project regarding the transistor transistor logic(TTL)  to  nuclear instrumentatil module (NIM) translation. By end of the project, i  need to interface  the  project with  PC by using  LabView Programming langguage. Anyone can help me to design the program with the data acquisition from the digital input signal (NIM) to shown in the wavefrom graph. Thanks. The DAQ card was slot in the device 0, and channel input is 1.

thanks for help.

best regards,
chang 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,401 Views)
Look in Example Finder for example programs for reading digital inputs using DAQmx.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,384 Views)
Some NIM signals are ECL which means that they may not be compatible with the digital inputs of most DAQ cards. Make sure you check the voltage and current levels of the signals you are measuring against the specifications of the DAQ card you will be using.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,378 Views)
hi, thanks for the reply.

my card is PCI 6024e, it can support up from -10V to 10V. By the way, i still have no idea how to create the block diagram regarding this data acquisition since im really newbie for this. If can, kindly help me to design the block diagram for reference. Im currently using the LabView 6.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,371 Views)

Check out http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5434. In LabVIEW, you have the DAQ Assistant and a ton of shipping examples to help you get started. For help with LabVIEW basics, look at http://www.ni.com/academic/lv_training/how_learn_lv.htm.

p.s. the -10 to +10 is for the analog inputs. It will require some work to convert this to digital data. The 6024 has digital inputs but these are static- software timed. If you have some timing requirements, you should probably consider a different board.

edit: Forget what I said about DAQ Assistant and DAQmx tutorial. Neither apply with your very old version of LabVIEW. You may have to just rely on the shipping examples. There may be something under one of your menus about a DAQ Wizard. It wasn't nearly as helpful for newbies as what's available now but you might give it a try.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-23-2008 07:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,366 Views)