LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.dat file creation

dear sir,

i want to create .dat file using labview 7.0 such that this file should not be opened by any other programs like MS EXCEL,MS WORD or notepad. Is it possible? please reply me.

thanking you

Falgandha Mohire
Message 1 of 5
(3,034 Views)
Hi Falgandha,

2 questions:

1) What do you want to save in your .dat-file? The filename extension doesnt has any meaning to us nor describes the content of your file.
2) How do you want to prevent other programs to open your file? Every other program can access your files too - even when it contains not human readable or just encrypted data...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(3,028 Views)
Dear GerdW

hi! I want to save the string format data in that file. I accept that that any user can open that file but file data should not be  readable to that user.

thanking you

falgandha
Message 3 of 5
(3,007 Views)
Hi

then you want to encrypt the dat before saving to file.

Then  it will be difficult for others to decipher the information with the correct encyption.

Suggest you do a search for  :
encryption examples on the discussion forum.

Regards
Xseadog
Message 4 of 5
(2,992 Views)
If you want to save the data in a form that's compatible with notepad you are talking about saving data as a text file. If you have arrays of data to save, LV has formatters for converting arrays into tab-delimited strings. For other things, you can simply write strings containing the data to the file. There are many examples shipping with LV demonstrating saving text data.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 5
(2,986 Views)