LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqpad 6020e

Hi

I am trying to generate a sine wave through an AO and send it to a AI in my 6020e DaqPad. since this hardware is not supported by the Daqmx, there are not much examples available for this product using the traditional Daqpad. I wanted to know if there is anybody with such experience.

King Regards

Alireza

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,007 Views)

You don't reference what environment you are trying do this from, but here is an example from MAX:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6C77B1884F5BBEE8862569E3005BE30E

The logic is very similar in the LabVIEW environment.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,982 Views)

Dear Christopher S.

When doing what is mentioned in the post, I get the error which is attached.

Best

Alireza

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,971 Views)

I don't believe the attachment came through. Could you try re-uploading it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,966 Views)

attached is the error screen

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,959 Views)

First of all, I need to offer the disclaimer that using Traditional DAQ is discouraged if at all possible. As you noted, it is not possible with this device.

That being said, how many samples per second are you attempting to send? The maximum reliable AO sample rate is 20 S/s with this card. Some users have reported getting 30 S/s, but reproducting that is questionable at best.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,938 Views)

Dear Chris.

Do you have any other suggestions???

about the buffer problem, where can I change the buffer settings?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,925 Views)

I just want to make a sine wave get out of the AO and read it in the AI. I dont think this should be a big deal. but the point is it seems easy with the DAQ-mx, not the Traditional, Anybody has some example or source for this?

Thanks

Alireza

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,912 Views)

thank you very much Chris.

I am able to send the AO to the AI in the test panel, but the negative part of the sine wave is filtered out, maybe I am using a unipolar sine wave, but still I cant do this in Labview,

I really appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,904 Views)

I have been able to connect the AO and AI in labview i guess.attached are the signals I get and the program in labview, but my AI seems not to be the exact AO, it looks like a sine wave though but not the one produced in AO,

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,895 Views)