LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx fill in error info.vi missing

Hello forum experts

I have installed Labview 2010 32 bit on a new PC. When I try to load a vi developed with that same version I get the following error: daqmx fill in error info.vi missing.

I installed version 14 of MAX and Daqmx drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,411 Views)

Hi Davide,

@DavideB wrote:

I have installed Labview 2010 32 bit on a new PC.

I installed version 14 of MAX and Daqmx drivers.

Read this KB article, study the attached Excel file and then choose your LabVIEW/DAQmx versions (more) wisely…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(1,404 Views)

Thanks. According to the Excel file, it appears that the latest cDaqmx drivers version for Labview 10 is the 9.9, which is just before the 14. Strange though that there are no versions in between (and that is why I chose 14). 

I assume though that before installing 9.9 I should uninstall 14, something which is not obvious to me. How can I do that?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,393 Views)

Hi Davide,

@DavideB wrote:

Strange though that there are no versions in between (and that is why I chose 14). 

NI decided to change the naming convention. Starting with LabVIEW2014 the corresponding DAQmx driver also uses the year in its name…

@DavideB wrote:

I assume though that before installing 9.9 I should uninstall 14, something which is not obvious to me. How can I do that?

I recommend to deinstall LabVIEW and DAQmx completely, using the entry in the "Program setup" Windows settings.

Then install LabVIEW2010 first, followed by DAQmx9.9…

Why do you want to stick with this old software combination? Is there any specific reason?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(1,386 Views)

Thanks Gerd, I uninstalled version 14 and installed 9.9

Unofortunately, I still get the same error msg: vi not found.

I would like to keep the old version because the executable files must be installed on a Windows 7 PC, where there is still a working version of my project, but I need to make a few changes to it. Of course, the best solution would be to upgrade Labview, but the license is expensive and we need to do only a few small modifications to the source code.

Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,375 Views)