LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx assistant in ni-dqmx8.0.1

Hello,

I just installed NI-DAQMX8.0.1 for USB6009 in my winxp with LV7.1. From the readme of it it supports USB6009 (does not have NI-DAQmx simulated device capability).

The usb device can work well with test panel in MAX or clicking the test button in the configure window of daqmx assistant. But "data " and the color arrows didn't appear at the assistant icon after I clicked the ok button (it only displayed "build vi..." for a moment).

Now I have to use "nidaqmx read.vi" to do the anolog I/O. Any idea what is wrong with the assistant issue? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,370 Views)
Hi George,

This is is usually the result of some error in the driver install process. The easiest way to fix this normally is to close all National Instruments Products (MAX, LabVIEW, CVI, Teststand and so). Then temporarily disable anti-virus software, and registry protectors like Ad-Aware or Spybot.
Next go to My computer >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove Software >> National Instruments Software and click on change. find NI-DAQmx 8.0.1 and select this an choose Repair.

This will launch the installer and take you to the components to install page. Make sure you have selected support for LabVIEW 7.1 Click Next through the different menus until the install finishes and then restart the computer.
When the computer restarts, open LabVIEW 7.1 and the DAQ Assistant should work as expected.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,360 Views)
Hello JamesC,

Thank you for your reply!

I followed your instruction, repaired the DAQmx in control panel, and even reinstalled the driver again, the problem still exist :-(.

Best regards,

George.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,345 Views)
Hi George,

Can you confirm you are signed in to the computer with Admin priveledges. If you are not can you please sign in as Admin and test the DAQ Assistant again.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,343 Views)
Hi JamesC,

I tried to login with administrator as user name, and the DAQ assist still didn't work for me.

Have a nice weekend!

George.

--Can you confirm you are signed in to the computer with Admin priveledges. If you are not can you please sign in as Admin and test the DAQ --Assistant again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,333 Views)