LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq output

Can any one let me know how to write out Am modulated signal via the daq to drive optic transmiter
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,406 Views)

Hello oba_adewale_1,

I would like to help you with your query, however, I would need some further information about your application.  Please answer the following questions. 

1. What National Instruments software are you using? Which version?

2. What toolkits or modules are available to you?

3. Which operating system are you developing on?

4. Which DAQ hardware do you have for your application?

5. How does the AM modulated signal drive your optic transmitter?

Regards,

George T.
Senior Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,354 Views)

Hello oba_adewale_1,

It has been a couple days since I posted on the forum.  If you still require help, you can post answers to my questions, and I will see what information or examples I can find for you.

Regards,

George T.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,328 Views)

Sorry have being out of the country for a while. Am still having the same problem. What i realy want to do  is to create an analog signal and convert bit in to digital  and write it out via the DAQ 6008.

(1) Am have problem sampling the analog signal

(2) How to buffer the signal if i have to

(3) write the signal out via the daq 6008

The signal output will be use to drive an optc transmiter (hardware) and the labview version am using is 7.1 and 8.5.  

Please i need a solution to this urgently.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,318 Views)

Hello oba_adewale_1,

From what I have read from the description, it sounds like you would like to use LabVIEW 8.5 and a USB-6008 to acquire an Analog Input signal.  You will then need to manipulate the signal and then perform Analog Output. Is this correct?

There are many examples that can be used to perform this task.  You will find over 2000 examples in the LabVIEW help files. I have found a example for you that synchronizes Analog Input and Output.  The notes in the VI Block Diagram will help you understand the steps.

1. Run LabVIEW 8.5

2. On the main menu, click 'Help'->'Find Examples'

3. Under the 'Browse' tab, navigate to 'Hardware Input and Output'->'DAQmx'->'Synchronization'->'Multi-Function'

4. Open example 'Multi-Function-Synch-AI-AO.vi'

Please try this example and manipulate it for your project.

Regards,

George T.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,293 Views)