Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daq assistant as a case selector

Solved!
Go to solution

THANX!

The input now works fine!

There is only one problem, i used the elapsed time, so that time only looped once due to the reset. Is it possible to do this with your time measurment? Can you tell me why it's not a good manner of measuring?

Sorry for all the questions, i've just been recently introduced to labview(folowed a course a couple weeks ago)

The reason the outer loop was there was because this is only a small part of the whole program.

In the main program all the stops are already connected.

Gr

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(731 Views)

@Nilvo wrote:

THANX!

The input now works fine!

There is only one problem, i used the elapsed time, so that time only looped once due to the reset. Is it possible to do this with your time measurment? Can you tell me why it's not a good manner of measuring?

Sorry for all the questions, i've just been recently introduced to labview(folowed a course a couple weeks ago)

The reason the outer loop was there was because this is only a small part of the whole program.

In the main program all the stops are already connected.

Gr

If you want to only loop once then you need to remove the get time and date in second from the true case of the output of the greater than or equal to. I have removed it in the code that I am posting. I also noticed in your code that you are using input 1 and not 0 so I changes the index array to read the second boolean value which would be channel 1 in the 0 based index.

The elapsed time is loop dependent and can be clumsy. You will find that it does not work the way you want it to at times.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(729 Views)

The 6 seconds was the first foalt i made after your first solution 😉

I don't undrstand why i get the value "not executed" with the probe watch on the wire after the daq assistant.

And why is the timeout set at 10 milli seconds?

Thanx for all the help, it is realy usefull!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(728 Views)

That is because there is not timeout on the bottom loop. If there is not timeout on an event structure it does not execute the time out loop. To get the bottom loop to run we need to use a timeout. 10 ms is an arbitrary number you can use what ever makes sense for the situation.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(726 Views)

Did that work for you? If so you should make the question and accept as solution so that others know you have been helped.

If not what else can I help you with?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(718 Views)

Yes it worked for me, i did not close it, because was still testing last night. I'll close it now.

Thanx for all the help!

Gr Nilvo

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(698 Views)

You should be accepting the message that most helped you as the solution to your question, not your own thank you message.

If you go to the options menu to the upper right of your last message, you can select "Unmark as solution", so that you can than go mark the appropriate message as the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(691 Views)

Well.. the button is not listed onder the option button of my last post..

What to do...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(682 Views)

Look again.  I'm sure it's there.  As long as you are logged on as yourself.

It is not a "button".  It is a menu choice under the options menu.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(677 Views)