LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cwgraph3d variants in labview?

Hi there, first time poster - though I've been reading these forums for a long time.  They're quite helpful.  Anyways, on to my problem...

I'm using a 3d graph (cwgraph3d) in a simple labview vi and am trying to extract mouse position coordinates.   I can get the mouse events to fire correctly, but I can't figure out how to use the data that is provided in the event.  The event data is provided in a variant format, but I can't figure out how to convert the variants to anything I can use in LV.  I've tried using the "variant to data" function, but I get the error "LabVIEW:  The data type of the variant is not compatible with the data type wired to the type input."  no matter what data type I use.  Also, flattening the variant to a string results in an empty string.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
cwild
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)

Hi cwild,

Welcome into the sunlight! You wrote "Hi there, first time poster - though I've been reading these forums for a long time."

Then you have heard us ask for an example to help us help you.

Post a quick demo of what you have so far and we may be amble to give you the "push" you need to get over this hump.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 2
(2,170 Views)