cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cwgraph3d and events

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I work with CwGraph3D an LabView. I like to have an event when the cursor on graph changed the position. Is possible to do this?

Thank for a help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,793 Views)

Hello Toni2,

What control exactly are you using? Can you post your example VI with the graph control?

Regards,

Sebastian

Message Edited by skoziatek on 06-10-2010 02:34 PM
Regards,
Sebastian
NI EE Systems Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,773 Views)

skoziatek wrote:

Hello Toni2,

What control exactly are you using? Can you post your example VI with the graph control?

Regards,

Sebastian

Message Edited by skoziatek on 06-10-2010 02:34 PM

[Be gentle Ben ! ]

A "CwGraph3D " is a Component Works 3D graph.

You can find an LV example that uses the CW 3D graph in this thread.

The CW 3D graph ships with LV and if not written by NI, the rights to it are NI's.

Toni2,

I don't think you can register for a cursor move event. I suspect you will have to poll but I'll leave that for the NI Experts to settle.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,768 Views)

Weird - I just experienced what I thought was deja vu when I thought I remembered the same thread you started before about this control.  Turns out you DID start a thread, but a different aspect of the same control.  

I need a nap. 

-------------------
Greg
Certifed LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,762 Views)

What if you use ActiveX Register Event Callback? I have found that you could register for event CursorChange (attachment screenshot).

Regards,
Sebastian
NI EE Systems Engineer
Message 5 of 9
(3,753 Views)
It was late yesterday so I have modified the CWGraph3D example in a way that it uses the mentioned callback VI. I have saved it in LabVIEW 2009 so let me know if you would like to have it in earlier version.
Regards,
Sebastian
NI EE Systems Engineer
Message 6 of 9
(3,739 Views)

I can run the program, but i'dont now how to see the event in case of cursor changed. Can you add this part of code to?

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,733 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toni2
Well, what I did, I put system beep into Callback VI (attached). That's why I know that the callback is working.
Regards,
Sebastian
NI EE Systems Engineer
Message 8 of 9
(3,724 Views)
Thank you for a help!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,719 Views)