From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cuurent vlaue in Amps from NI 9222

Hello,

1. I am using Crio 9047 as chasis ,NI9222 for current measuremnt and other module for other measurement

I am measuring acceleration, current, tempreture , voltage , but value of current i am getting on LabVIEW through Create channel Daqmx block and when Monitord it is not proper ,it is in macro Digits though my current is in 30 and 1000 Ampere range.

I am using rogoswki coil as current measurement. 

100 millivolts equivalent to 1 Ampere( for range of 3000 ampere)

1 millivolts equivalent to 1 Ampere( for range of 3000 ampere)

2. I can store current data ? or how can i empty my Queue when I am not using it.

My data acqusition  Keeps on running but, when i want to record data i get old data in my file(takes data and record data just below from where it recorded last time though,i am running acquistion at other time)

I did added time out in streams and even in Queue but it did not worked , is it not what it should be doing?

3.Also,i am have 5120 samples per channel and storing These in text file  using Array to spreadsheet string but a emply line at every 5120 samples is getting stored and I am having emplty linees in my file. how to remove that single empty line?

4.I want to chnage the sampling rate, Right now sampling rate is 51,200 though I  have kept 50,000 as rate in sample Clock. how can I chnage the rate?

Below are my VIs 

Regards

Vishal 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,502 Views)

below is the rogswski sensor Picture 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,489 Views)

I am having the same issue ,

1.getting the a blank line at end of the each samples of strings.

2.also, space get created before first string after getting a sample of string

attached scrrenshot

doing data acquistion and data logging and saving to text file 

attached VIs

Regards

Vishal

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,425 Views)

hello,

Doing data acquistion and data logging and saving to text file 

1.getting the a blank line at end of the each samples of strings.

2.also, space get created before first string after getting a sample of string

attached scrrenshot

3. also, not getting proper current value from create channel DAQmx , what should be Minimum and maximum value to be set ?

do I have to do custom scaling? I am using rogoswki proble for current measurement,NI 9222 module and LabVIEW 2018 (see the picture)

attached VIs

Regards

Vishal

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,447 Views)

Hello,

I  am using Crio 9047

I want to Change the sample rate but ist not changing  .

when i put rate as 50k it samples at 51.2k S/s ,

when i put rate as 34.13k it samples at 47.8k S/s ,

On board Clock selected , i tried other master frequency eg 13Mhz(cRIO-MAKSIM/13.1072MHzTimebase) and 12Mhz , it Shows error 200414

Why it is not chaging as i want ?

VI attached 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,382 Views)

Hi vishal,

please stick with your thread instead of creating new ones again and again!

@vishal231 wrote:

when i put rate as 50k it samples at 51.2k S/s ,

when i put rate as 34.13k it samples at 47.8k S/s ,

On board Clock selected , i tried other master frequency eg 13Mhz(cRIO-MAKSIM/13.1072MHzTimebase) and 12Mhz , it Shows error 200414

VI attached 

Unfortunately you didn't attach any VI this time, so I comment on that older "aq.vi"…

You read several channels from several modules: which modules do you use? Which sample rates do those modules support? Did you read their manuals/specsheets?

You surely talk about error -200414 (mind that minus sign!): did you read the error explanation? It's pretty clear…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 13
(2,367 Views)

Hello Gerd,

Yes , I read the data Sheets of the modules

NI 9231 : 51.2kS/s(max)

NI 9222: 500kS/s(max)

NI 9216:400S/s(max)

NI 9244: 50kS/s(max)

for only NI 9231 Details for sampling rate is given , its in discreate form , a table is given of available rate master timebase frequency.But , These rates are different from the rates i am getting when I am doing data acquistion.

I want to know which rates my program is using?where I can find it?I want to chnage the rate according to me,can I do that?

even what is meant by OnBoard Clock?

when its given for moudule NI 9231 that I can use master frequncy timebase (13Mhz) but, I am not able to chnage it.

Regards

Vishal

Regards

Vishal Kaushik

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,341 Views)

one more Thing, my source in DAQmx Timing is OnBoard Clock selected

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,338 Views)

Hi vishal,

what happens when you create one DAQmx task per module?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 9 of 13
(2,320 Views)

Hello Gerd,

I created different Tasks for different analog Input and connected each Task one by one and found out that

NI 9222 : works with specified sampling rate

NI 9231 and 9244(acceleration and voltage 😞 gives different rates eg, if specifies set rate to 1k S/s it gives 1477 S/s.

I made a Task which had all the analog inpurts including NI 9216 :  if rate set to 1k it gives 1724 S/s

Please tell how to set requierd sample rate? if ist possible or not?

Regards

Vishal Kaushik 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,290 Views)