LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom x-axis labels in xy graph.

Hello,

I am running a test in which the value of RPM first goes up linearly and them comes down linearly and i want to plot the values obtained as output for each RPM. But since i want to plot this in xy graph as the RPM starts decreasing the graph starts moving backwards, to overcome this i kept on plotting the data where the RPM values appear to go beyond the limit but they are actually decreasing, so that the test is running backwards. Is there a way so that the x-y graph x axis shows the real values of RPM. I am attaching a figure where the test first runs forward and then backwards and both are plotted on the same graph. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,196 Views)

Hi Kirtikant,

No, you cannot have 2 different X-values correspond to the same point on the axis. The graph you are plotting now is a kind of Hysteresis graph, which is nice for some applications.

Your other choice would be to time on the X-axis, then have a plot for your RPM and a plot for your dependent variable, which I think will be clearer than what you were trying to do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,161 Views)

i found a work around where i  used two strict type def xy-graph and joined them together so that they look like one. But i get your point, i could go it that way also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,141 Views)