From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom shortcut menu not showing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've created several custom runtime shortcut menus for controls (graphs and arrays) in LV2011, which work fine in the development environment, and they also work fine in the .exe application when I run it from the location where it was originally assembled with the application builder. However, when I install the application to another folder (installer created by the application builder), it reverts to the default runtime menu. This is also true if I copy the 'Build' folder containing the original .exe application file to another location. Tried copying the .rtm file to both the install folder and the Data subfolder, this does not help. Any idea what's going on? Do I need to copy the menu files somewhere else, or set a path?

thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,171 Views)

To answer my own question... if I place the .rtm file (shortcut menu definitions for front-panel controls) in a folder which has the same relative path to the installed executable as the original .rtm does to the original executable - it works. Awkward, but at least there is a workaround. NI, please fix this!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,166 Views)

This is a known problem that they are working on - maybe SP1...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DanSome

Thanks for the update, Mike. The final (and acceptable, for now) workaround I've found, is to save each custom menu with its control rather than one .rtm file serving multiple controls.

Message 4 of 5
(3,161 Views)

Here is how to save the run time menu with a control

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/customizing_shortcut_menus_statically/

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,130 Views)