LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom control color changes

Solved!
Go to solution
I need to change a boolean control color based on certain cases. This is simple, I would normally just wire up a color array to the boolean property node and set the false color to be green, yellow, or red (whichever was needed). However, the control needs to be trapezoid shaped. Is there a way to change the shape of the control without importing images from clipboard? If I copy a custom image from clipboard, it is placed over the boolean control so the properties will be useless (i.e. the user can't see them). What would be best is if I could just take the normal, rectangular boolean images and make select parts of it transparent so it takes on a trapezoid shape. Suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,414 Views)

can you post the trapezoid shaped item so that it can be tried?

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,392 Views)
The only way i can think of customizing the boolean with edit control and making the part equal to the back ground color.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,386 Views)

Something like this

conttt.JPG

Message 4 of 11
(4,384 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GregFreeman

My tag ...

LabVIEW_Control_Customize

Includes the thread "How to customize a control using Labview " where you will find a step by step proceedure to do this.

W_Arrow.JPG 

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 11
(4,374 Views)

muks wrote:

Something like this

conttt.JPG

Yup, thanks muks and ben. Perfect

Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 03-11-2010 08:45 AM
Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 03-11-2010 08:47 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,366 Views)
I'm having the same issue as the other guy. When I copy the image, it loses trasparency. I'm using 8.5. I saved as a wmf, but the only way i can find to import it is to change to "tweezer" mode (forget the exact name) and right click. But when I do this, it overwrites the normal boolean image for that particular state. Is there another way to import the wmf file?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,355 Views)

for(imstuck) wrote:
I'm having the same issue as the other guy. When I copy the image, it loses trasparency. I'm using 8.5. I saved as a wmf, but the only way i can find to import it is to change to "tweezer" mode (forget the exact name) and right click. But when I do this, it overwrites the normal boolean image for that particular state. Is there another way to import the wmf file?

Solved...When you copy and save it to the clipboard, it saves as a bitmap. This wont hold transparency. I saved as a *.png and all you have to do is drag the file and drop it on the customize control screen. This will import it as a png and preserve transparency.
Message 8 of 11
(4,342 Views)

yeah i know i had to work a lot better to become a ben....:smileywink:
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,321 Views)

muks wrote:

yeah i know i had to work a lot better to become a ben....:smileywink:

😉 Don't we all. Now I am having a problem...again. When I overlay the image, I click the boolean but its not registering for some reason. Am I just brainfarting here? If I click real fast, eventually it gets it. It's set to latch when released and is a type def.

Message Edited by for(imstuck) on 03-12-2010 10:45 AM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,307 Views)