From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curve fitting of 2d edge detection data

Hi all,

I have attached intensity graph which is obtained from edge detection function. Its a 2d array of numeric data. I wanted to do a curve fit for this data. Can anybody help me.

Regards,
KM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,514 Views)

First thing you have to have a clue about is the curve form. Is it a cylindric/circle form or a sine or else. Then you choose the proper fiting function in Mathematics > Fitting.

I assume it is a cylindrical form, so I would go with the "Nonlinear curve fit" and implement a formula string for z=z(x,y).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,488 Views)

hey thanks for your reply, plz find the intensity graph data attached to the post. i am supposed to do fitting for this. I guess parabolic fitting will do for this. How should i go about it?

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,455 Views)

I wonder that you have nobody [the designer] to ask, what was to original form to create.

Can you do something using my suggestion earlier?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,447 Views)

Don't you first get coordinates (Y and X) of white points, and then do a curve fit?

Remove points on top and bottom first.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,431 Views)