From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cursor position in graph changes when graph is rescaled

It seems that when I rescale my graph through property nodes my cursor postion changes. I set my xy positions to 0. Then later in the program my graph gets rescaled and I watch my cursors jump to a location not equal to 0. No where do I set the position to a value that is not zero. Can anyone explain why this happens? Is there a setting I can change to stop this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,391 Views)
If the cursor is set to "snap to point" or "lock to plot" it will find the nearest plotted point. If there is no point at [0,0], it cannot stay at [0,0].

Set the cursor mode to "free"! See if this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,392 Views)
It is set to free already. Plus the cursor isn't close to 0, it's off the graph. I can bring it back by setting the cursor to 0 again, but I already did this at initialization.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,391 Views)
Is it possible for you to create a small VI that shows the described behaviour?

If so, please post it so I can troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

Philip C.
National Instruments
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,391 Views)
Here's a rough around the edges vi. There are controls to change the x&y offset and multiplier. You will see the indicator for the xy cursor position change with the offsets and multiplier. I would expect that the cursor position would stay fixed as you rescale or change the graph.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,391 Views)
Offset and multiplier define how the data in an array is mapped to the scales. This is supposed to be a fixed relationship and when you change it, it makes sense to me that the cursors should remain locked to the data you are seeing (e.g. a peak).

If you need to zoom or pan around, use xmax and xmin, etc. exclusively.

The scale and offset map array indices to the actual scale and they are not something that can vary arbitrarily unless the data changes. What is the reason you are changing offset and multipliers?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,391 Views)
I'm changing them because I want to have the graphs recenter around new points. It does seem that it could be done with just panning around. This would essentially change the center right?

Is the changing of cursor position due to new offsets a problem in labview, or does it do this for a reason?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,391 Views)
i also have this problem , does any one know how to deal this problem?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,108 Views)
Did the solution presented here not work in your case? If so, why not?

What version of LabVIEW are you using? 

Can you describe your problem/question in more detail?

Can you post a simple VI that replicates the problem you are experiencing?
Doug M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
For those unfamiliar with NBC's The Office, my icon is NOT a picture of me 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,098 Views)
hello
i am plotting the  2 data data into the intensity plot.its working fine
in the 2 d data  time,frequency,amplitude three columns respectively
i am simply plotting the data into required format the plot is ok
where as frequency varies from 20 MHz to 120 MHz of 401 points so i am giving some offset and multiplier values its ok ,then 1000 of columns of various time data.
when i am moving the cursor previously its showing the corresponding frequencies value .
when  i do some modification to get the plot with the x axis available with my data , then the problem occurs. after plotting the data giving some x axis offset and multiplier vales as shown in the picture.
from the block diagram u can find out how i am getting the frequencies plot by getting the index . now index varies only from 12..-13 only so i am getting only the two data's.
what i want to do now
how can i get the x axis values ..so that i can get my required frequency plot
1.when i am plotting the data with out putting any multipier and
offset values to the x axis its seems to be ok.
then when i am moving the curssor in the intensity plot coressponding
xy vales i am getting,  becoz the x values starts from zero to 1200.
ok
2. my requirement is after putting the offset and multiplier then the
x axis values becomes in float and varies between small values. the
offset value is the very first data  of time column and i am giving
some 250ms of multiplier values ok
3. each plot contains 5 mins of data with the time interval of 250 ms
ok
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indrajit

| indrajitbarve@gmail.com | indar_indar2005@yahoo.co.in .
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,911 Views)