cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cursor position from property node doesnt update in a seperate while loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have an event structure in a while loop and i have a graph with 2 cursors on it. the graph is within the loop outside event structure and it gets a waveform when an event occurs.

in a seperate loop i have the cursor position property of 2 cursors. i subtract them to get their distance. but when i move the cursors on the graph that is in the first while loop doesnot change the values given out by the property nodes in the second loop

is it something related to event structure? does the actual graph needs to be updated all the time or is it ok if it gets a waveform only on an event

can somebody please help

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,219 Views)

attached is the vi that i cannot figure out why the cursor position only update when its first called. if i stop and run the program again the cursors doesnot update anymore.

does anybody know why this happens?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,210 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author freemason

The value of the 'Stop 2' variable is in memory still 'True' so on a second (and consequent) run your upper loop will always terminate after the first run.

The display of the 'Stop 2' LED is being resetted when you hit the 'Get Waveform' button. making the value False.

So reset the button variable after finishing both will loops or before starting both while loops.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,199 Views)
Thank you so much, i will be careful now using local variables.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,195 Views)