LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current logger

Hello,

I am looking for a simple code compatible with labview 2011 and Keithley 6517A electrometer that can measure current continuously and write it to a text file. I want to be able to control the number of data points, duration betweent data points and also the duration of the measuring run. can anyone help me with this? Even a similar example would be really helpful. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,125 Views)

@Smahat wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a simple code compatible with labview 2011 and Keithley 6517A electrometer that can measure current continuously and write it to a text file. I want to be able to control the number of data points, duration betweent data points and also the duration of the measuring run. can anyone help me with this? Even a similar example would be really helpful. Thank you 

check NI for preconfigured drivers for your instrument in questioned, otherwise use SCPI commands to NI VISA to get your measurement and as for how you manipulate the data (depends on your programmed architecture)...also check out NI Examples>>Hardware Input and Output
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,120 Views)

You can just read a signal monitor out from the back of the 6517A. It has two monitor out (2Vout and Preamp_out). Both gives a voltage signal out of your front panel display at whatever measurement you are using (V, R, I, Q). You can just feed it to any analog in DAQ and save/display in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,032 Views)