LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross correlation

Hi.

I am a new user of LabView..

I want to determine the time delay between two similar signals, (the values of the signals are record in .tdms file) . I am using cross correlation but the time delay vary a as a function of time (and time delay can be positive or negative) . So Cross correlation can't determine the time delay, it found 0 seconds if I use all the data. 

So I want to discretized the cross correlation for different interval of the data (containing a defined number of points), in order to have an ~instantaneous~ time delay as a function of time. I don't know how is it possible..

About the cross correlation, I don't understand why is it exceed 1 whereas X and Y (input variables) are <1 (the signal are normalized).??

Thanks a lot for help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,651 Views)

Hi guys

I have the same problem ...Have you solved your problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,315 Views)

Yes,

you can use a  while boucle. At any running of the boucle, you fill a matrix (with an determined number of data). Then the cross correlation is perform with the data of the matrix. The cross correlation function is in the boucle.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,302 Views)

Sorry that it seems like that something still wrong happens..Could u help me to modify my program?

Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,295 Views)