From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross correlation between two signals with time delay

Hi everyone

I am new to labview and the forum so I apologies in advance. I am trying to-do a cross correlation between two "live/continues" signals with time delay on one of the signals. At the moment I am using a function generator to create one (sin) signal, splitting the signal and delaying one path (this part I have done). But I have tried using the C-correlation express, C-correlation PtByPt, both correlation and convolution Vi’s but can’t get it to work. Is there something that I should be doing before or to the functions themselves. The graph i get is more of a "beat" graph when i believe it should look more like a repeated connected Gaussian. I have attached the VI and an image of my file. Thanks for the help.    

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,367 Views)

Do the math.  The cross-correlation of a sinusoid and a delayed version of the same sinusoid should look like the cosine of the delay (or "just another sinusoid").  Sadly, Gauss has nothing to do with it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,344 Views)