From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crio - compactRIO 9004 unusual error , help please!! ASAP :(

well, from what you both suggested, I've done that already.

i've disconnected the backplane and connected the controller itself and it connects and i'm able to see it and actually connect to it and i formated the flash and reinstalled the software. i have MAX version 4.1.0.3001

the thing is after i formated the flash and return the safe mode switch to off, the status led is off all the time. so i said so far so good.

i connected the backplane and faced with the same initial problem and the status led came on as if the device is not configured at all and i was not able to connect.

i used to use a straight cable although i connected directly to the thing, however, i don't think this is what caused the actual problem. i now use the cross over cable but still not connecting.

as if something happened to the device... i don't know, i had the power cables unisolated and a cleaner comes to clean the room everyday...maybe she hit something while i'm not there.

however, i ruled this out from my first troubleshooting for many reasons:
first eveything in the robot is perfectly working
second there is a fuse before the cRIO
third the power cables are connected to the c-modules and the controller but not the chassis, so if something happened, it will happen to either of these first before the chassis.
as i told you before that the guy had a software that controls two motors
and it seems that the c-module (9474)is still having the leds of those digital outputs blinking quickly ..which means that they have an output coming from the controller which will come through the chassis ...so that means it's in a working order, doesn't it??

after this tiring thing, i told my supervisor and we might find another one somewhere in the dept. so we can exchange parts and check if there is something wrong. i guess it will have to go to NI tech. support.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(514 Views)