cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create table of string contain 3 columns and number of rows

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I created an VI that get ( impedance , freq , phase ) as string from an Equipment connected with labview and i want to create a table that contains all this numbers. you can see in the VI attached the table that i create wirte the first row correctly ,and after every iteration the Programm remove the old number and write the new one in the same row ,but what i'm looking for is the Programm must write all these number in 3 columns and number of rows.

thanks all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,012 Views)

Shift Registers and Build Array are your friends here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,994 Views)

Thanks a lot, but your way it doesn't work with my VI, I collect the data from instrument and I need put this data in table because the data will change every iteration .I attached the original 'VI' and photos to make easier to you to understand what going on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,952 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SAED123

Hi SAED,

don't you know how and where to create shift registers?

Have you even started to "THINK DATAFLOW!"?

check.png

- move constant operations outside of the main loop (like that array creation loop")!

- you have been told before to use IndexArray instead of that second FOR loop in your main loop…

- Why do you convert the float values to string and then to integer values???

- Don't use InsertIntoArray when you can use BuildArray much better!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,947 Views)

Thank you for your answer
I'm still beginner in labview,and my experience with it no longer than two months ,so I have to ask who has more experience than me.

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,939 Views)