LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create installer from exe file not a vi or llb

In LV 5.X one could create a distribution kit from a exe file. Can this be done in LV 6.1? I want to create my exe file, then do some alteration too it and then create an installer for the modified exe.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,566 Views)
The creation of the installer happens at the same time as the build of the .exe. This has been the case since LabVIEW 5.1. What modifications to the .exe do you want to do?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,566 Views)
I want to create an exe from my vi, then use a software protection security package on my exe. Then I would like to create an installer for my new exe. In early 5.x versions, creating installers/distrib. kits was a secondary step. I'm hoping I might be able to duplicate this process in LV 6.1.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,566 Views)
Open the VI project\install.llb\Install Build Installer.vi. This VI is automatically called by the builder to create installation files.
You can put this VI on "Pause" to allow you to modify the executable before the installer bundles the files for installation and resume execution thereafter.
You can also simply let its FP open, let it run as usual and rerun it with the same FP controls values after your modifications are done.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 4 of 4
(2,566 Views)