From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create installer for protected exe.

I have protected my software exe using hardware lock. now i want to know how to create installer for this protected exe in labview 7.0.

Regards,

Vijtin.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,597 Views)

Labview installer is only Version 8.21+ (I think it was in 8.21 but maybe not until 8.5).  You can use one of windows 3rd party installer programs.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,573 Views)

Actually, an installer was available with every version of the app builder but it became much more flexible with 8.0 if you wanted to include installers for NI hardware drivers.

If you just need to install the exe and the LabVIEW runtime, then the included installer will work just fine. If you need to include something else, please specify.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,568 Views)

Only advice on installers is beware of LabVIEW 8.2.1...  I have had a number of problems with the installer (and the appbuilder).  When I upgraded to LabVIEW 8.6.1, the problems disappeared.  The folks at NI said there some problems (particularly if you are using RIO).

Nothing specific, just cautionary.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,555 Views)
Thanks Dennis, I totally forgot about the create installer on Labview 7.1 and earlier, It was a simple check box on the final app builder screen that mad a simple installer  that installed the run-time engine.  The new installer in LV 8.?+ adds many options to this simple installer but some of the options are a little awkward to use.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,518 Views)