LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create graph from table wich will be update with table

hello i need help how to make a graph which will plot the values ​​read by the camera during the run of the program and they will put in this graph two plot

qq.pngBez názvu.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,406 Views)

The values are already plotted in the XY graph, just not the data you believe. Use a probe on the two orange wires and you will see.

The solution is probably this:

LLindenbauer_0-1606225224823.png

Next time, please attach your VI.

I highly reccoment that you try to attach the probe to the data wires and observe the output. You are using a table to store the data in string format, with dots and commas interpreted as floating point numbers. This is dangerous. It is better (and more efficient) to use the numeric data directly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,381 Views)

oh sorry, here is my VI ...not your solution works

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,372 Views)

I'm sorry, my, LabVIEW version (16) is too old to open that VI. I have replicated the data extraction part and the table and the VI worked as expected. A table is a two-dimensional array and you are indexing out the rows, but the data you want to display is in columns. When the indexes are switched to the other terminal, as I put in the image above, the result is a XY graph where the index in the first column is charted against the data in the last column. You can also just insert a transpose 2d array to the same effect.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,327 Views)

I when I try the table outside of this VI it works without problems but when I try to imply it in this VI it doesn't work for me ... I've already tried it transpose 2d array but it doesn't work for me ... I'm attaching a VI saved in version 16 you can please look at that? Well thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,313 Views)

Change this

LLindenbauer_1-1606313195566.png

to this

LLindenbauer_2-1606313282751.png

or this

LLindenbauer_3-1606313364164.png

The difference is in the selection of the dimension. In the table, the first dimension gives the line, the second dimension gives the column. It works the same way as almost any spreadsheet program. When you use the "Index array" function and connect only one number, then you will get a 1d-array as output. If you connect the "line" index, the array will be that line. If you connect the "column" index, the array will be that column. Switching rows and columns is the same as transposing the array.

Also, this needs to be connected.

LLindenbauer_4-1606313903134.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,295 Views)
thank you, it works but now i have a problem how to display the PLOT name when i need to export the graph to word. I use the Word Insert Graph VI component but I write in it that when I have an xy graph the column and row name must be empty, I tried to append the name there but it didn't work

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,282 Views)
  • Please don't use code tags when posting
  • Why do you think you need to read two local variables of the same indicator twice in parallel. One (or even none) is enough, you can branch the wire.
  • Please attach your actual VI, not diagram pictures.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,268 Views)

@feastef11 wrote:
thank you, it works but now i have a problem how to display the PLOT name when i need to export the graph to word. I use the Word Insert Graph VI component but I write in it that when I have an xy graph the column and row name must be empty, I tried to append the name there but it didn't work

This is a different question. If you managed to solve the original problem, please state so by marking the message containing the solution.

I do not have access to a Report Generation Toolkit, so I cannot help You with that. I did a quick look through the forum and it turns out that this question has been asked and answered before: rgt excel graph label 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,253 Views)