Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create captions automatically?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

can I create captions automatically?

Background: I'm trying to switch between "label" and "caption" in a program by using the property node "caption->visible". To be able to do that I have to right-click each label and activate "caption-visible" vor every control/indicator I create. I cannot do that in run-mode if that has not been done in edit-mode once. (Otherwise you get error 1320)

So the best way to solve this would be a program that opens my "HMI-program" in edit mode and sets this property. Is that possible? My HMI-program has more than 200 controls.

Thanks!!

-DB
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bef

@bef wrote:

Hi,

can I create captions automatically?

Background: I'm trying to switch between "label" and "caption" in a program by using the property node "caption->visible". To be able to do that I have to right-click each label and activate "caption-visible" vor every control/indicator I create. I cannot do that in run-mode if that has not been done in edit-mode once. (Otherwise you get error 1320)

So the best way to solve this would be a program that opens my "HMI-program" in edit mode and sets this property. Is that possible? My HMI-program has more than 200 controls.

Thanks!!

Yes just open the VI and get a ref to the FP and traverse the FP looking for all controls and indicators.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 3
(2,205 Views)

Thanks Ben,

wow, that was fast!

Thanks for the hint. That was easy and worked super!

-DB
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,195 Views)