LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a simulation scene (robotic module)

hello

i'm asked to deal with a project which aims to realize a robotic arm.but before i'm asked to create a simulation scene in labview in which i'm gonna simulate the performance of this arm.so i ask u if u know how can i realize this scene, can i upload a scene that i create using solidworks?? 

also, if someone can help me and tell me how the scene in the picture below was created (it's taken from the help in labview) (if there's someone who can send for me the labview code which permits the creation of this scene)

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,196 Views)

The only native way to do 3D in LabVIEW is with the 3D Picture Control. There are a few examples shipped with LabVIEW. AFAIC, They won't scale well, but it's possible to use the 3D Picture control to do fancy stuff, like robot arms.

There are VI's for loading VRML, ASE and STL files.

There seem to be 3D robotic arm examples in the LabVIEW Robotics Module.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,159 Views)

thanks for ur reply

so, i want to tell u that this arm will be designed using solidworks, then i will save it with the format(wrl) in order to upload it in labview

but before speaking of this arm, my first problem is ''how can i make the simulator scene'' i use this code below to develop a simple scene, but firstly, i couldn't find my robot in ''creating robot'', then i want to ask u is this vi can be developped in order to make a scene like that on in the pic below, in other words is that scene (in the pic below)  developped using the offline configuration or using 3D picture control 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,152 Views)

Another approach that does not use the robot module is presented in the following document. It uses the Haro3D library that is now free. It is using the .OBJ format but the document shows how to create the robot off the CAD model (using FreeCad, not Solidworks...).

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,128 Views)

The following document discusses using the LabVIEW Robotics Simulator: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14133/en/. This can interface with SolidWorks, and the document provides an overview of how to accomplish this.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,126 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,113 Views)

when i make this post for the first time, it wasn't shown in my account so i thought that my question wasn't published so i repeat it again,but then i noticed that i did it two times but at the first time i had some problems with my internet connection.

so, can u help me now and tell me how to use the robotic module (configuration offline) to make a simulation scene as shown in the picture below

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,106 Views)

thanks for ur reply Mr Brian

but before uploading my robot from solidworks, i want to make that scene where my robot will take place after to make some motions of pick and place

i want to use the robotic module to develop such these scenes(in pictures below)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,103 Views)

It looks like you can create a 3D scene with the 3D picture control: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvhowto/create_3d_scene/.

With the Robotics Module, refer to the following document: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372983F-01/lvrobogsm/robo_sim_creating/.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,064 Views)

can i create a robotic arm in mapleSimm & simulate it in labView robotic module 2018?

thank you.

manolo

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,620 Views)