LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashed modified vi on sbrio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. Labview is crashing when I deploying modified vi on sbrio. It happens on Labiew 2020/21 32bit.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,375 Views)

Hi Levon,

@LevonSarg wrote:

Hi. Labview is crashing when I deploying modified vi on sbrio. It happens on Labiew 2020/21 32bit.

Then you should deploy the unmodified VI to prevent the crashing!

Spoiler
Which answers do you expect when providing so little information?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,356 Views)

Hi GerdW. I don't want to deploy every time after modification save and close vi. I have found workaround , but it is too time-consuming.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,349 Views)

Hi Levon,

@LevonSarg wrote:

I don't want to deploy every time after modification save and close vi. I have found workaround , but it is too time-consuming.

You continue to provide much too little information…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,342 Views)

Sorry for giving little information.
I am using sbRIO-9629. when I run the vi first time without modification(do not change anything in the vi), it works well - it is not crashed during the deployment. But when I doing some little modification in the block diagram, eventhow moving some control, every time it is crashed during the deployment stage. I have found some workaround - I have to save and close the vi , then open and run the vi . In that situation there is no problem, it works well. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,293 Views)

I don't think you completely understand how LabVIEW Real-Time works.  There are two (2) different "computers" at work in a LabVIEW Real-Time system -- a PC, the "Development machine", that runs LabVIEW, and can generate code that runs on both a PC (typically the same PC that you use to "run LabVIEW" and develop the code) and a Real-Time computer (such as an sbRIO) that runs a different, real-time OS (typically NI Real-Time Linux).  Let's call the PC running LabVIEW the Host, and the Real-Time computer (sbRIO) running the Real-Time OS the Target.

You take your Target code and deploy it on the Target.  You find that you need to make a change.  You go back to the Host, open LabVIEW, make the change in the section of the Project dedicated to the Target, and close LabVIEW (on the Host).  OK, now the Host has the updated code.  You run the Target, and it runs the only code it knows, namely the code that was last deployed to it.  Do you see the problem?

Every time you make a change to the code that you want to run on the Target, the LabVIEW code, for both the Host and the Target, resides on the Host. The only way to get the Target to run the updated code is for the LabVIEW development system, running on the Host, to deploy the updated code to the Target.  Yes, when you Deploy, LabVIEW uses the files saved on disk as part of the Project, not the copy you might have opened and modified, but not saved -- this is a feature, and not a bug.

One way to ensure that you are building and deploying correctly is to proceed this way:

1. Open your Project.
  2. Make changes.
  3. Close your Project.
  4. Re-open your Project
  5. Deploy and test your code.
  6. If you need to "fix a bug", go back to Step 2 and repeat as needed.

Bob Schor

Message 6 of 10
(1,277 Views)

thank you, for your  deeply explenation.
I suppose don't completely understand how LabVIEW Real-Time works.
But could you explain why this feature didn't work a couple of weeks ago? I could change, save and then run without closing it. 
Is there a way to debug my code in real time?

Regards, Levon.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,259 Views)

Hi Levon,

@LevonSarg wrote:

But could you explain why this feature didn't work a couple of weeks ago? I could change, save and then run without closing it.

You still don't provide a lot of (needed) information!

What didn't work a couple of weeks ago?

How did your VI look like weeks ago?

How does it look like today?

Can you attach code? (Real code!?)

@LevonSarg wrote:

Is there a way to debug my code in real time?

You start your RT VI in the IDE and then you can use any debugging tools like you do with a default Windows-based environment…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,234 Views)

Dear GerdW, thanks for your reply. But a question related to the last post of Bob_Schor, that this crashing behavior is  a normal behavior.
Regards, Levon.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LevonSarg

Thanks for your help. 
The reason comes from the graph reference. after deleting it,  the project does not crash after modification.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,196 Views)