From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count the number peaks

Solved!
Go to solution

hello, i am new user of labview . i want to count the numebr of peaks which will be detected in the peak detetctor .

now can u suggest me some example realted to counts  that will dispaly in graph or table

thanq

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,894 Views)
Message 2 of 5
(5,880 Views)

thanks for ur reply

the thing is i am doing a project on radon particle detection its temperature, moisture, time, energy and particle number. my part is to do labview. for temperature and mositure i have did my part with having random varible in vi and stored in excel sheet as my microcontroller part was not ready.

next i am supposed to do with particle counts vs energy

for example. if the particle has the  (radon)energy 5 MeV it has to count 1. if it was again 5 MeV it has to count 2 at total it has to be with total counts.

i have attached vi

can u suggest me some ideas Smiley Sad

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,852 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 2249kumar

@2249kumar wrote:

if the particle has the  (radon)energy 5 MeV it has to count 1. if it was again 5 MeV it has to count 2 at total it has to be with total counts.

I assume you mean if the radon energy goes from less than 5 to greater than 5 (threshold), add one to the count (+1).

Only count peaks after dropping below 5 and then going back above 5 (rising edge)? hysteresis?

Also I assume you will be working on a single radon energy reading (or point) at a time. Appose to collecting 100 readings in a waveform and then doing the peak counting after you have collected your data.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,816 Views)

With no programing other than wiring up the VI, the General Histogram PtByPt VI will count the number of occurances above and below your specified range, and draw a chart of the counts.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,807 Views)