LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count the number peaks

Solved!
Go to solution

hello, i am new user of labview . i want to count the numebr of peaks which will be detected in the peak detetctor .

now can u suggest me some example realted to counts  that will dispaly in graph or table

thanq

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,901 Views)
Message 2 of 5
(5,887 Views)

thanks for ur reply

the thing is i am doing a project on radon particle detection its temperature, moisture, time, energy and particle number. my part is to do labview. for temperature and mositure i have did my part with having random varible in vi and stored in excel sheet as my microcontroller part was not ready.

next i am supposed to do with particle counts vs energy

for example. if the particle has the  (radon)energy 5 MeV it has to count 1. if it was again 5 MeV it has to count 2 at total it has to be with total counts.

i have attached vi

can u suggest me some ideas Smiley Sad

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,859 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 2249kumar

@2249kumar wrote:

if the particle has the  (radon)energy 5 MeV it has to count 1. if it was again 5 MeV it has to count 2 at total it has to be with total counts.

I assume you mean if the radon energy goes from less than 5 to greater than 5 (threshold), add one to the count (+1).

Only count peaks after dropping below 5 and then going back above 5 (rising edge)? hysteresis?

Also I assume you will be working on a single radon energy reading (or point) at a time. Appose to collecting 100 readings in a waveform and then doing the peak counting after you have collected your data.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,823 Views)

With no programing other than wiring up the VI, the General Histogram PtByPt VI will count the number of occurances above and below your specified range, and draw a chart of the counts.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,814 Views)