LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

count pulses with digital inputs on USB-6008

Hi GerdW,

thanks for all your answers. 

I implemented miki121 solution for my 8 inputs, I will have the problem with fast signals, but at least will work for the slow ones.

What I see, is for the project i am working, it doesn´t go out the loop, how can I get out of there?

I will explain the project a little bit, we have two devices ni6008, one is used for the problem described above (counting pulses of a digital input signal) but at the same time we have another ni6008 which measures the voltage on its 8 inputs.

Then we want to record the results in an excel file every second with the 16 values. The problem now, the excel doesn´t save any value because it is still waiting to the values from the pulses (I tried only the voltage ones, and it works saving in excel) but if i add this VI, it never saves. Setting the light to follow where the code goes, it never goes out from the loop, so I can not take the values from there, and then save them in the excel.

Thanks for your answers,

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(429 Views)

Hi sarcanji,

general advice: when there is a problem with YOUR VI you should attach YOUR VI…

for the project i am working, it doesn´t go out the loop, how can I get out of there?

It seems you need to obey the dataflow…

Ever heard of notifiers or queues? (Or put all DAQmx code into just one loop, but in the end a producer-consumer scheme will serve you better!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(426 Views)