cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not read my LVM file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone

I have created this LVM file after acquiring my signal. Right now i have a problem of extracting data from this LVM file. For example data from cell B24 to J24.

I have not experienced anything like this because it should be relatively simple. I have used loops and some methods to extract the data but it return me value of NaN or some other number. I do not know what is happening. 

The attached file is the LVM that i created. Please help me on this ,thank you

PX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pengxin

Use the Express VI to convert from the dynamic data type to a 2-D array.  Then index out the appropriate column of your array.

You may also want to check the integrity of your data.  In your file, the first row of data is pretty full.  Later rows have numerous blank columns before and after 4 columns of data.

When I ran the attached VI snippet, I noticed it imported the data, but the columns of the other rows did not align with the first full row in the same way they do when I viewed your file in notepad.  You will get a lot of NaN's for wherever your data is blank.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 03-13-2010 11:57 AM
Message 2 of 3
(2,313 Views)

HI Raven

Thank you very much. I am now able to extract my data. I have never experienced anything like this before.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,293 Views)