From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not perform this operation

I have a vi(attached) that I improved upon from the previous version I did, which worked fine. The only improvements were two new inputs for torque, and displaying them on a graph and indicator. The executable runs great and only uses about 2-8% of CPU usage, and thats with task manager open and an excel file also. After a few hours I get an Out of memory error, could not perform this operation. I read through the other related threads and I'm not seeing any thing in those threds that apply to my situation. At least I dont think so. Could someone please browse through my VI and tell me where this is coming from and why now is it happening. I tried adding the flush queue and creating sub vi to optimize but to no avail.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 37
(2,867 Views)

I think you may be getting hit with a problem with too many controls or too large of a block diagram.

Have you been through the LabVIEW Tutorials?

There are a lot of potential problems with your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 37
(2,862 Views)

I took core one and this vi was working fine prior to me adding the torque input. I am starting to think I need to clear the plots every hour or so. Would I be correct in this thinking?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 37
(2,860 Views)

@tavwtby wrote:

I took core one and this vi was working fine prior to me adding the torque input. I am starting to think I need to clear the plots every hour or so. Would I be correct in this thinking?

Are you talking about the torque slope and intercept inputs for Rig 1 and Rig 2?

I would seriously consider using clusters on your UI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 37
(2,856 Views)

You're running sample compression on a single scalar.  Why?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 37
(2,853 Views)

It was code I had copied from another program that used it to calculate the cycles per minute, it seemed to work,  would like to do it better, but couldn't figure out a way of converting the analog signal from th prox switch into a single cycle count.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 37
(2,849 Views)

I don't think your problem is with your Chart.

I'd focus some attention inside your Record Loop and see if you're leaving something open or growing an array to extremely large sizes.

This VI is a good candidate to refactor and make manageable.  While it may work now, there's a lot that needs to be done to make it maintainable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 37
(2,845 Views)

Your Shift Register Arrays in your top loop grows uncontrollably if the Reset button is not pressed.  This will also cause you to crash out if your number of points grows too large.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 37
(2,841 Views)

I have to keep the values of the cycles and the displacement current, other wise it would reset my position and cycle count, which would defeat the purpose of my test, I a very open to suggestions. I am a test emgineer that was thrust into the programming role, so I am learning as I go here. I do appreciate the help and suggestions. So tell me more.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 37
(2,836 Views)

Also I am not recording unless the button is pressed to do so, and I've used this record loop in the past and never had a problem, in fact this program was running great until like I said, added two torque analog inputs and changed the load inputs from the strain daq to the analog in daq

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 37
(2,836 Views)