From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corrupted TypeDef

I think the dragging is slow because of other reasons than the corrupted Typedef, maybe because a lot of things are happening on the Tab-Control, i don't know. Because the VI was sometimes unresponsive maybe there the Typedef became corrupted, it's hard to retrieve, what's very startling is that a newer LV version does not show the problem I found with LV2011 SP1, that should be the focus I think.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(332 Views)

Are you by any chance using external ActiveX Controls or alot of images (that are crossing with other images?

Or are you using alot of charts?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(327 Views)

No, I use only the system controls being tickboxes, numeric-digital-controls and string-controls and system-decorations-borders (these rectangles). All these controls are placed on a system-tab-control. nothing extraordinary. In 2006 I had repeated crashes of LV because I placed a graph on the FP and placed some customised controls on top of it although i can't remember if it had to do anything with the customised controls, I believe even trying to change the properties of the graph sufficed to crash labview, technical support made a CAR for that. But that can't be the case here, no graphs, no overlapping controls.  

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(312 Views)

Hello **bleep**enhauser,

I also had a quick chat with the german engineer.

We have discussed a few things that could be tried as next steps.

Can you keep me updated of the progress of the findings of this research?

Maybe it might be best that we first try to handle it through the e-mail channel (through the colleague) and afterwards post an update over here.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(303 Views)

very much appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(299 Views)