From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy all properties node of one control/indicator to another ?

But sometimes the properties of a graph cannont be set in stone, or it is undesirable to do so. I have just such a scenario, which is what just brought me to this thread.

I have a number of test applications which generate time series graphs (amonst other data). But although the structure of this data is always similar, the graphs themselves have differing properties. Now, I want to be able to store the graph data in a database and then be able to display it in a central reporting application. And when I display this data, I want to graph in the reporting app to look like the one from the software that originally created the data.

I could do this by creating a data object for each graph type, which ecapulates the data AND the graph indicator needed to display it (created and configured during development) but this means I'd need a unique object class for every graph - even if the structure of the data is the same. Even leveraging inhritance, this is wasteful. It also means that every time I want to add a graph type I would have to update the reporting application accordingly.

What would be better is if I could take all the graph properties from the test software and include them along with the logged data. So that when I view the data the reporting application's graph indicator can be programatically configured to look the same as the original test application - without having to be updated or re-compiled.

Being able to llist all the properties and bundle them up would be very useful for this.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(470 Views)