LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convertion of voltage to pressure

hello,

I am using a pressure transducer in order to read the analog input. Here I am using a ni USB 6001 device to acquire data in terms of waveform chart I want this waveform chart in terms of pressure vs time. Is this possible can anyone help me with this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,761 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

I want this waveform chart in terms of pressure vs time. Is this possible can anyone help me with this problem.

Yes, this is possible.

Most often you just need a multiplication and sometimes an add function. The details of calculating pressure value from signal voltage is described in the datasheet of your pressure sensor!

Hint (just slighty advanced): DAQmx also allows to add a specific scaling to each channel, so it could give you pressure values instead of voltage immediatly.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,727 Views)

hello,

I am very new to labview can you please show me how it is done the one you mentioned i.e DAQmx also allows to add a specific scaling to each channel, so it could give you pressure values instead of voltage immediatly. Can you please explain me so that i can understand. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,691 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

I am very new to labview can you please show me how it is done the one you mentioned

What have you tried to learn this by yourself? Did you take the Training resources as offered in the header of the LabVIEW board? Did you examine all those example VIs in the example finder regarding DAQmx?

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

DAQmx also allows to add a specific scaling to each channel, so it could give you pressure values instead of voltage immediatly. 

Like this:

Create a scale by defining ranges for conversion, then apply this scale to a new channel…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,684 Views)

Hello,

I am using a Kistler 701A pressure sensor in order to produce a charge and then this charge is amplified by Kistler 501E where it is reading as volts. In the waveform chart, it is displaying in terms of  Volts/time. Now if I want to convert only the volts into pressure can I give the min value as -10v and max as 10v as my pre-scaled values as it is mentioned in the manual as output voltage. Now for the scaled values, I am giving 0 and 250 bar for converting to pressure as it is given range in manual. This is measuring the pressure after the blast. here in image1 and image 2, I used the method you said and created the vi. 

The second is measuring the absolute pressure the sensor is Keller series where the voltage range is 0 to 1 volt for 0 to 1 bar so for this I used another method where it's shown in image3 and 4.I have attached the manuals of sensors also. I am using NI USB 6001 device.

Can you please tell me if these two are right and will it work?

Thank you for the previous explanation now I am able to understand.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,655 Views)

Hi Abhishek,

@AbhishekEllapu wrote:

Can you please tell me if these two are right and will it work?

You can check this on your own: apply a known pressure and compare with your scaled value…

Are you sure your device outputs -10V for zero pressure?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,649 Views)

hello,

Thanks for the reply I want to confirm this my pressure sensor is 0-250 bar and my charge amplifier output voltage is -10 to 10v.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,625 Views)