From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting waveform to 64 bit real vallues.

Hi guys.
I have almost finished designing my VI but i just could not get this one cnnection right. there is a set of values for which i get a graph and then i have to give it one at a time to the 1D Interpolated value so that i keep on getting one value each for a single inout so that i can give this input further to the point where it is connected. I would be highly oblied if anyone can help me on this. I have attached my VI. i wanted to ask also that how to convert the waveform data into a 64 bit reat data s that it can be read one at a time and there by we get the values of x one bye one continously and thereby complete the VI. will be really great if someone can help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,635 Views)

To get the Y array (DBL) of a waveform, you just use "get waveforms components" and select the Y output.

(For more detailed help, could you make a small demo VI that only shows the problem issue.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,616 Views)
thanks a lot for your suggestion. i tried that but it gives an error. it says that the source is a 1D array of waveform and the sink is a waveform. now i dont know exactly how to dael with it. heavily stuck up with this problem.  also is there an alternative to multiply a constant with a transfer function. it wud be of great help if you can advise some solution.

thanks anyways for your reply.
shashank.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,601 Views)

Shashank,

As Altenbach had already suggested, please post the problamatic portion of the code.

Also, mention the version of LV you re using...

We assume that it may be 8.x up because of 64-bit nos. Smiley Wink

I dont ve any experience regarding Transfer Functions, so I cant tell you anything.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,597 Views)

If the source is an array of waveforms, place a FOR loop around the "get waveform components".

Still, I am not sure whay you even have an array of waveforms, because you only simulate a single square wave on the left. When you convert the dynamic data, you have a choice to either convert it to a 1D array of waveforms or to a single waveform. Since you don't include any of the subVIs that operate on it, it is not clear what you actually need.

Please isulate the problem code into a small example VI and post it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,591 Views)

@parthabe wrote:
I think he means DBL, which was always available. 🙂
Message 6 of 12
(3,590 Views)
thanks a lot again for all the help you are providing me. i have made a sample VI. in this all my problems are covered. i have 2 input files. i want to do numeric calculations like addition, multiplication, etc with this two files with a transfer function. also i have to do such numeric calculations between tranfer function and a constant value. finally i should be able to add this two signals. which will make a 1D array. i have made a LUT. now i have to somehow feed these values to the LUT so that i get the corresponding values as Y values which i can further use to plot a graph. Please help me with this as i guess you people are genius with labview. i am using labview 8.2.1. if any other information is need please let me know.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,584 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@parthabe wrote:
I think he means DBL, which was always available. 🙂

Yes, now-a-days I forget to see the wire's help. Smiley Sad

Thank you, Sir! Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,581 Views)
OK, whatever you are showing us now does NOT contain any waveforms, but an array of xy clusters suitable for an XY graph.

Since you want an interploate value for several inputs, you get several outputs, thus the outpus must also be an array. Right?

Simply place a FOR loop around it and make sure to disable autoindexing in the cluster array input. Here's an possibility (Of course the While loop here has absolutely no purpose because it just recalcualtes the same thing over and over again, every 50ms. You can safely delete this while loop and nothing will change!):

You might also want to learn about some of the built-in function in LabVIEW. For example, to slice out a row or column from an array, you can just use "index array" as shown here. There is no need to use a FOR loop.

(Also, you seem to be using a toolkit which I don't have.)

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-27-2007 05:35 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,571 Views)
thanks a lot sir. i got the first image but i didnt get the way you did for second part, the interpolation part. can u please upload the file to which u have done the changes. also is there a solution for the transfer function problem? thanks once again as u are giving me great help
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,566 Views)