From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting sql to udl file

Solved!
Go to solution

how to convert .sql  file to .udl file.

for using the database connection toolkit.

as the input for dbct is connection information which should be a .udl file.

please help me.

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,589 Views)

A .udl file is used for storing connection information.  A .sql file is typically SQL code or queries that you wish to save to disk.  Both are text files but are not really used in the same manner.  So I don't fully understand your question.   

You can create a file on the desktop with a udl extension, double click the file and use the Data Link Properties box to establish a connection.  Then you can open the udl file with a text editor to grab the connection string.  Maybe this is useful for you.  If not, please explain your question. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 5
(2,524 Views)

ok thanks...

I got another error  

please try to solve it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author charan6066

You are using the wrong driver to connect to the database. Did you use the UDL file and data link dialog box to test the connection?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,187 Views)

thanks for helping me.

now I used the correct driver to connect the database.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,162 Views)