LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting labview to c++

Solved!
Go to solution
It appears that the code is to be intergrated with the 'NanoScope' software. I don't know if this program runs on an external pc or if the scope is part of a system that runs windows. In any case, if you use the vendor provided program, then it's probably best to use c++ to create new routines. In theory, you might be able to create a LabVIEW dll that NanoScope could call but that would almost certainly require a lot of effort. LabVIEW would be a choice if you wanted to use your own program instead of NanoScope.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,731 Views)

I came across with this webpage on google. 

http://msmvps.com/blogs/vandooren/archive/2006/11/16/executing-labview-vis-through-c-style-function-...

The author claims that the labview vi's can be executed with the c pointer via .NET. I dont' really understand how it works, but MAYBE it's a solution to my problem!? 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,721 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Subaru

I don't see how that will solve your problem since it's a different problem. Smiley Wink

Your problem is that the NanoScope software uses DLLs as "modules". The library provided to you was designed to work in a C++ environment. Now, it's possible that the NanoScope software would be able to call a LabVIEW-build DLL, but even if it could (and I don't know if it can), you still have the issue of accessing the library itself from LabVIEW to execute the Lithography functions. Unless they have provided a DLL (which I doubt), you won't be able to call these functions from LabVIEW. You could, of course, build the Lithography library into a DLL, but if you're doing that, then you might as well work in the C++ environment in the first place. 

I guess we need to back up a second here and determine: what is the real issue with simply using the environment for which the library was designed? LabVIEW is a great language and all, but sometimes it's just not the right solution. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,699 Views)

Ummm...haha, I thought it would be that easy.

I want to use LabView, because the original program that I wrote for some data analyses for the NanoScope-obtained data was in LabView format, and that LabView is the only programming language that I have ever experienced. And recently, I just found out that the Nanoscope software can use c++ language to execute the Lithography functions, which are very interesting if I can kind of play with this function. All these dragged me into this "converting labview into c++" ideas. I was just hoping that I can compose what I know in LabView and change that into c++, so that I can use whatever I know in LabView to work with the Nanoscope. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,692 Views)