From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting labview from unix into windows

I need to convert some labview programs that were written in a UNIX environment to a PC windows operating system. I have converted the files over to my PC desktop. The problem is I am trying to run libraries that were compiled in unix and have the extension .so at the end. When I open the labview program it can not find these .so libraries and when I point to their location it states that this is not a valid windows image. Is there anything I can do to convert these .so libraries into something labview can read.

Thanks  
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,102 Views)
As far as I know, the equivalent of a shared object in windows is a DLL - DLLs are very common in windows and are also called through the Call Library Function node. You will presumably need to take your C code and compile as a DLL using a windows compiler. I'm not sure how many modifications you will need to make to the C code.

(2,090 Views)