LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting .imu files to excel or csv using .net

My reply must have crossed your Edit.  I've looked at the Export files -- they are the "old method" of saving data to Excel using the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office before they went to the Report Object model.  There are much easier ways to do this now.

However, this doesn't tell us how to read the data from your .imu files.  I can understand and sympathize with a reluctance to post potentially "private" code for the world (and your competitors) to see.  Here's a suggestion -- find a LabVIEW Expert, hire them on a short-term non-disclosure agreement, and get them to interpret the code for you.  You can also spend some time nosing around on the LabVIEW Forums to decide for yourself if there is someone or someone(s) whom you think you could trust and send them a Private Message asking for help.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(794 Views)

Ya, i think i'm just gonne throw in the towel on this one....

Like i said, we lost our Labview guy, but we're currently looking for another one. One of our client has troubles with the export function of our application, he's got office 2013 installed, and the export doesn't work. My thought was maybe I could do a little online tool, where he could upload his files, and we would convert them for him and send them back to him. Right now i think he email them to one of my collegue, which convert them with our application and send them back to him, but the process is a bit ridiculous to say the least... 

But even my solution would've been a temporary fix to a problem that requires a more premenent solution (like new updated version...) I also thought that .imu files were perhaps standard files with Labview, which doesn't seem to be the case. I was meant to see if I could do a quick fix, which this isn't shaping up to be.

Anyway, thanks for the help everybody, it still much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(787 Views)